Perrone Aerospace is looking for an ambitious, customer-focused Inside Sales Representative to join our team.
In this role, you will have hands-on, day-to-day interaction with customers. Your goal will be to grow sales within an existing base of customers. Perrone Aerospace has a positive reputation worldwide and our customers are looking forward to hearing from our Insides Sales Representative.
You will be expected to have excellent sales acumen and the ability to communicate in an outgoing, poised and persuasive manner. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and hardworking while continuously developing their skills and knowledge.
This position reports to the Executive Vice President, Global Aviation Sales and is responsible for generating revenue by soliciting / obtaining orders and receiving requests for quotations. Makes quotations on standard / custom items, writes orders, and relays pertinent order information to customers. Coordinates with other departments in handling purchase orders and providing service to customers. Handles all customer contacts received by telephone, in writing and in person. Represents the company with customers and prospects by soliciting orders for merchandise or handling customer questions or complaints over the telephone.
- Receives and responds to all customer inquiries and complaints.
- Proactively contacts current and past customers in company data base to obtain new business.
- Documents customer contacts in company CRM System.
- Responsible for guiding complaint resolution to ensure that proper and satisfactory closing is obtained.
- Follows up on a regular and as needed basis with production on all open and unresolved customer contracts.
- Receives telephone requests for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments and cancellations directly from customers, original equipment manufacturers and distributors.
- Achieves and maintains rapport with customers and works to give them the best possible service.
- Follows up on inquiries by checking for delivery information. Works closely with expeditor in production control regarding deliveries of scheduled shipments.
- Checks with accounting department concerning credit status of customers.
- Maintains files of active orders and posts activity such as change notices, scheduling changes, partial shipments and credit changes.
- Prepares paperwork (original purchase order, copies of invoice, and return goods memo) to be given to accounting department for credit or debit to be issued.
- Quote prices, delivery dates and payment term and tries to persuade customer/prospect to buy, using knowledge of company products and services.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by EVP Global Aviation Sales.
- Enters into computer; names, addresses, purchases and comments of solicited prospects.
- Completes order form, including delivery date and credit information.
- May be required to contact customers on miscues (delayed shipments, shortage of materials, etc.) and explain circumstances.
- Maintains open and closed files of sales orders and repair orders.
- May perform duties as required by management on an as needed basis.
Education / Skills / Experience
- Minimum 2-year College degree or job experience equivalent.
- Inside sales: 1 year (Required)
- Professional telephone manner to enhance relationships with customers.
- Well organized person with computer skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle a large number of administrative duties.
Pay: Salary and Commission based pay. Pay will be based upon Sales Experience
Hours: Monday- Friday 9am-5pm with some flexibility
Benefits: Paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Health, Vision, Dental plans, 401K
Possible Travel Required