The HR administrator will perform diversified duties ensuring that the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans and programs are realized. Duties include planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions for HR department. This person is responsible for processing and monitoring the employee benefits program, and maintaining all employee personnel files. He or she is expected to contribute to the development of HR department goals and systems.
- Primary liaison with employees regarding HR issues. Answers employee questions concerning benefits; refers to and researches various resources for information as needed. Enrolls new employees in programs; conducts short orientation to explain benefits. Explains additional benefits at the end of the probationary period.
- Working with department heads to create and revise job descriptions.
- Performing annual geographic and salary recruiting analysis and presenting to senior management.
- Developing, updating and enforcing the company’s evaluation program.
- Developing, revising, recommending and enforcing personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and revising, the company’s handbook on policies and procedures.
- Performing benefits administration.
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads.
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling.
- Overseeing exit interviews.
- Maintaining department records and reports.
- Participating in administrative staff meetings.
- Maintaining company directory and departmental organization charts.
- Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Assist with operations of 401K plans.
- Sets up files on all new personnel, photographs, and assigns employee number. Records changes on all employee status as necessary (e.g., change of address, departmental transfers, rate increases, terminations, leave of absence (tracking) etc.) and forwards to Accounting for payroll update. Verifies payroll changes. and serves as a backup for payroll.
- Performs clerical functions, type’s, posts and distributes letters and memos. Updates bulletin boards. Answers phones for department and others. Verifies employment and medical insurance of employees.
- Takes statements from injured employees for workers’ compensation; updates OSHA report. Completes wage and salary reports and surveys as needed. Updates targeted job tax credit file and keeps balance of savings.
- Oversee employee safety to follow Q.A. procedures.
- Responsible for the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Submit annual RFPs for competitive quotes on Insurance/medical benefits and present options with recommendations to senior management
- As needed, screens applications/resumes and test applicants. Contracts temporary employees for various departments. Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Education / Skills / Experience
- Associates’ degree required. Bacheolor’s degree and PHR certification, preferred.
- Two years minimum business and benefits experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Maintains confidentiality.(employee and business)
- Manages difficult and emotional situations.
Position Reports to: