Fultonville, NY 12072
Perrone Aerospace has an IMMEDIATE opening for a Shipping Clerk to be responsible for providing analytical and logistical transportation support for purchased company materials/out going inclusive trade show materials. This position negotiates motor carrier contracts and maintains system wide routing. In addition, this position posts work orders accurately in preparation for prompt shipment.
As a back up we want this individual to cross-train in the measuring and cutting department.
- Negotiates price and service issues for all modes of transportation carrier contracts and determines the appropriate transportation mode to be utilized.
- Determines product packaging and shipping requirements and alerts team members to any special truck loading configuration or customer delivery requirements.
- Reviews daily shipment schedules and, in discussion with team members, plans and prioritizes daily work schedule.
- Responsible for following up on receiving via tracking number, dates with freight forwarders and trucking companies when requested.
- Open order reports.
- Price quotes for shipments.
- Creates packing lists, COC and Burn Certification documents for each shipment.
- Creates labels for misc. shipments.
- Sends CFA’s to customers and follows up with customer service for approvals and/or rejections.
- Responsible for sending touch-ups and cleaning kits with all eligible shipments.
- Assisting production with coordinating measuring department.
- Inventory control of WIP that is boxed for shipments.
Who is Perrone Aerospace?
We are quickly growing and believe our success is due to our people. We offer competitive wages, and benefits and are dedicated to the spirit of teamwork.