Fultonville, NY 12072
Perrone Aerospace has an IMMEDIATE opening on our team for an experienced Accounting Administrative Assistant to work in our Finance/Accounting Department.
This position supports other financial staff by performing some of the basic accounting duties. This may include performing accounts payable, purchasing, and other office functions as directed by manager.
· Accounts Payable: Responsible for the processing and verification necessary to ensure accurate payment of all legitimate invoices on a timely basis by means of the following:
o Maintains an open packing slip file and open purchase order file.
o Matches invoices to packing slips and purchase orders.
o Verifies invoices for quantity, unit price, extension and discount.
o Routes miscellaneous invoices to proper people for approval for payment.
o Assigns accounting numbers to invoices for proper distribution in financial statements.
o Maintains a file of paid invoices.
o Communicates with suppliers regarding errors or questions on invoices.
· Additional Duties:
o Follows company policies and procedures for the purchase of goods and services.
o Negotiates cash discounts, volume purchasing discounts and EOM pricing, etc.
o Selects vendors based on price, capability, and past performance, following departmental guidelines.
o Keeps accurate records, including price histories and any problem in doing business with particular vendors.
o Works closely with managers scheduling production to maintain a “just-in-time” level of inventory.
o Responsible for neatness of work area, security of member files and reports of delinquent accounts.
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.
- Organization Skills.
- Financial Management.
- Project Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Professional communication.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education & Experience
· High school diploma
· Two years accounting experience in related field
· Training or experience in computer applications
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
We are quickly growing and believe our success is due to our people. We offer competitive wages, and benefits and are dedicated to the spirit of teamwork.