Perrone Aerospace is looking to add an individual to our growing team who possesses attention to detail and the desire to learn. This position will be a part of our final inspection department with the goal of provided the best possible quality of leather to our customers. This person will play a key role in verifying finished leather hides are free from as many impurities as possible helping to ensure our customer receives only the highest quality finished product. Additionally, the individual will be ensure finished hides are matched to customer orders and ready to be shipped out. The ideal candidate with be someone who enjoys a fast paced, team-oriented environment and has the ability to work with computers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Visually inspecting hides for potential defects such as: dirt, poor finishing, uneven topcoat, rasping and depth of print.
- Marking areas to be touched up
- Trimming defects from edges
- Transferring leather hides (aprox. 8-10 lbs) on to horses with a team member
- Weighing the amount of scraps
- Discarding leather scraps
- Working in a team to place leather hides on a measuring device
- Reviewing customer order sheets to ensure everything in the order is accurate before shipping
- Packing hides for shipment
- Labeling parts and shipments
Must be willing to take a pre-employment drug screening.
Who is Perrone Aerospace?
At our 100,000sf state-of-the-art facility located in Fultonville, NY (just minutes off the NYS Thruway, Exit 28), we design, manufacture, clean, repair, and refurbish aviation soft goods (leather and textiles) for customers around the globe. We are quickly growing and believe our success is due to our people. We offer competitive wages, and benefits and are dedicated to the spirit of teamwork.
Job Type: Full-time